Friday, September 21, 2012

Mission Accomplished

It's difficult to say which experiences are at the top when each day surpasses the previous.  Yesterday was another highlight!!  The crazy white woman came in and whipper snapped these poor laborers, flooring  guys, electricians, IT people, drivers, housekeeping boys and stand arounds into shape.  I don't think they knew what hit them.  I'm sure they had a pact in Hindi to never discuss this outside of the building.  We had a job to do and "tomorrow" wasn't the answer.  It was all getting done TODAY.  I didn't care who was where in the line of worker they all needed to help me.  Once they realized that I WOULD chase you down and put you to work they did it.  Hysterical!!  I had my guys and made new friends.  They would laugh at my Hindi words and then try and teach me more.  I asked about their arranged marriages, children and homes.  I learned ALOT and so did they.  It was HOT, humid and I worked as hard as they did.  The fine line of whether to be polite and let me sit or watch me work and take direction was the question mark on their brows.  At the end of the day, I shook everyones hand, said thank you and good night and felt like an amazing feat was accomplished physically and culturally!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment