Sunday, September 16, 2012

Good evening from New Delhi

This evening finds us in Delhi looking forward to a dinner at our driver and friends home.  Suresh has been so good to Randy when he's been over here and has taken us many, many km while traveling this week.  I look forward to having a home cooked meal! 

Yesterday was a day of literal tears for me.  All my life I've wanted to visit the Taj Mahal and until recently never truly thought I would get there.  We took a horse drawn carriage to the entrance and Azim our tour guide took us in and explained all the details.  It's an amazing feat and love story.  Words nor pictures can do the marble and beauty justice.  I was in awe.  Then add in that probably every country was represented and every color, religion and tongue and it was such a spiritual place.  We sat on the Princess Diana bench and tears began to fall.  Speechless!!

Today we saw embassy row and all the parliament buildings, presidents home, and Delhi gate, replica of the one we visited in Mumbai.  Then I got to visit the Muslim Mosque in Old Delhi and then we went to the HUGE Sikh temple and went inside.  Another amazing experience.  Our driver attends this temple and toured us in areas not seen by visitors.  He was sooo proud and we loved sharing in his love and pride.  Then the shopping mall.  AHHHHH.... a glimpse of home!  An actual indoor shopping mall with all the name stores.  Lunch at TGIFridays and a Harley shop.  It truly felt like home.  :)

Well.... better get ready for our dinner at Suresh's home.  Tomorrow takes us on another flight into Jodhpur and out to the desert where I can unpack, do laundry, and see what Rajasthan has to offer me.   I miss home but having a fabulous time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment