Thursday, July 18, 2013

Packed and ready to go .....

The challenge is always to pack appropriately and light.  I've gotten better but sure have not mastered the task.  5 day road trip on Harley.... hmmmmmm..... riding with the HOG club where you want to look like a badass, Rogue River jet boat where you want to be comfortable and warm, visiting our property where we want comfortable shoes, visiting family and friends where you want to look cute.  Keep in mind that I need to travel safely with long pants, boots, leathers and when we stop and take the helmet off, the hair, oh the hair, needs to look presentable.  Randy is GREAT and gives me as much room as he can but geez this is tough.  I want a bathing suit, just in case.  I have hair products that I cannot live without, little gifts for people we meet, etc.  Then my little secret wine stash for when I'm scared and need to take the edge off.  :) What a challenge!

So, we leave in the morning to meet with our HOG (Harley Owners Group) club at 7am (Yes! this is supposed to be a vacation!) and drive all the way up the California coast into Oregon.  First stop is the Gold Beach area near the mouth of the Rogue River.  Soooo excited to have some of our favorite couples on this same trip.  Sooooo excited to spend the quality time as a couple WITH couples.  We need this break and we need to get out of our area and explore.  I'm very happy that I found a man that shares my love of finding new roads, new areas, and new adventures.

Updates to follow......

1 comment: